Sunday, February 1, 2009

cheap home furniture

When does a new apartment or condo become a home? It happens after you have brought the pieces together in a symphony of parts to create style that is entirely yours. There are plenty of ways that we can express ourselves as individuals and decorating a home is no exception. I know what your thinking. How am I going to pay for all this great stuff I want to put in my new place? The secret is to shop around, make compromises and choose carefully. Big furniture stores want you to believe that furniture costs as much as they are selling it for. The truth is that they can sell it for the big prices because we pay them! Finding cheap home furniture isn’t easy but it can be done. My first trip for furnishing my place was $666.00 and to my surprise it took care of the essentials. There are plenty of ways to buy top quality stuff at low cost and that’s what this blog is all about.
I’ve moved around a bit and everyplace I’ve lived before my condo has been a tiny studio. None of them were nice really and I never had a ton of room. When I first moved in here I had almost nothing to fill it with. It’s a two bed, two bath, with a very large living/dining room, eat in kitchen, and a balcony that runs the whole length. Needless to say that after I got the place I didn’t have a ton of money left. I decided I’d rather die than spend $2,000 on a sectional sofa from a big store. So I shopped around and found a very nice couch on sale for $400 bucks at a smaller store. I figured that I’d get another smaller sofa at a later time if I could find one that was the right price and I did!! It is true that you can get deals if you buy both pieces at the same place. However, shopping around will make all the difference in the world and I didn’t want to order a living room set. I spaced out the payments a bit more. This was my first new sofa and it was great until my girlfriends pet ferret decided he wanted to chew the buttons. Little jerk almost went off the balcony!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers